Thursday, July 21, 2016

Pre-departure!

Welcome to my blog! I will be posting once or twice a month to keep friends and family at home up-to-date on my time as the Volunteer Coordinator and Sustainability Fellow for Nyumbani Village in Kitui, Kenya. I am setting off tomorrow on Ethiopian Airways, flying first to D.C., then to Addis Ababa (a nice 13.5-hour flight), before flying into Nairobi. I will be staying in the Nyumbani Headquarters in Karen, Nairobi, for the weekend before driving out to the Village on Monday morning. I have very little idea what to expect once I arrive in the Village, but I'm sure it will keep me on my toes. I'll post again once I've settled in the Village!

My mailing address is:

Shan Nagar
Nyumbani Village
PO 1266-90200
Kitui, Kenya

For those who are curious, here are a couple of videos about Nyumbani Village that talk a little about the mission and the projects of the organization:

Village overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOgXsPkt8vU

Johnson & Johnson involvement with my Fellowship post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7EAqsWAqv8

No comments:

Post a Comment